Fantichisti '70

TX190 PISTON, Restoration Help

« Older   Newer »
Jalfie
view post Posted on 5/11/2017, 08:44

I have a caballero tx190 which i have restored but cannot get the engine to run successfully. It runs for a short time but then will not run at all. I am not sure if I have the correct piston I have tried 2 different types without success.
THe barrel has a bridge across the exhaust port which I am told is something a bit special but need to know which in the correct piston
I have photos but dont know how to post

thanks Russ

view post Posted on 10/11/2017, 16:00

Group:

Hello Russ,
I would think that you would be better concentrating on, first the carburettor (clean jets ports, seals and float etc.) Then the ignition coils. For me the fact that she runs at all means the piston is O.K. although there may be different compression heights but if it runs that won't stop it.
Also did you mean to post in English if so you might be better posting in Italian.
Best of luck

Jalfie
view post Posted on 13/11/2017, 21:34

Ho un caballero tx190 che ho ripristinato ma non riesco a far funzionare correttamente il motore. Funziona per un breve periodo ma poi non funziona affatto. Non sono sicuro se ho il pistone corretto ho provato 2 diversi tipi senza successo.
Il barile ha un ponte sul porto di scarico che mi viene detto č qualcosa di un po 'speciale, ma bisogna sapere che nel corretto pistone
Ho foto ma non so come postare

THanks Owlit for the advice. Carb is good but I do suspect that the ignition coil is not 100%

2 replies since 5/11/2017, 08:44   127 views