Fantichisti '70

TX94-Fan from Austria

« Older   Newer »
robertTin
view post Posted on 31/12/2018, 18:42

A Happy new Year to everyone!

I hope anyone here speaks English (or German? I could write in german as well) , as I am sadly not able to speak Italian.
My name is Robert, I am 21 years old,I come from the South-East of Austria and recently, I bought a TX94 in Slovenia.

As these bikes are very,very,very rare in Austria and I don't know anyone else who owns one, I just thought I might try asking for clues and parts in this forum.

My TX94 is from 1972, and really rusty. The gas-tank was once orange. Is this the right colour for a TX94 from 1972 or were they all painted red back then?

I am looking at the original taillight, a Aprilia-Headlight in good condition, the original exhaust (which is the same as the TX9.5 had as far as I know) or alternatively for the original Mounting-bracket and head-shield for the TX94 Exhaust which is fitted at the moment.
The most important thing I need would be the inner tubes for the forks as mine are so rusty that you barely can rescue them.

So if anyone got a clue about the right color or a few parts for me, I would be very happy. ;)

uRMXU1E

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Robert Tinauer

view post Posted on 1/1/2019, 20:09

Moderatore di Fantichistisettanta
Questo caffè è una ciofeca!!!!E ALLORA DITELO...che è una ciofeca....e non scrivete Caffè dello Sport...scrivete CIOFECA DELLO SPORT!!!!

Group:
Esperti

Sorry for my bad English.

First of all you are welcome here! Please as soon as you can, go on presentation section to wrote a complete presentation about you.

Your tx94 seems complete and original, but are you sure it was 1972?
I'm not sure about the year, if I remember well in 1972 the TX 94 have another(old) tank and a another exhaust(in Italy) and it has not the plastic side panel
With this tank and panels the right colour in 1973-74 was Orange, light blue and black, always with the tricolour stripes

view post Posted on 2/1/2019, 11:39

Advanced Member

Group:
FANTICHISTI '70

Ciao e benvenuto, come detto da Ciofega Cafè Il tuo è un tx 94 del 1973 nella versione superspecial.
La moto è completa ma in cattive condizioni, mancano la griglia paracalore e il faro dietro.
Per il colore originale abbiamo creato delle schede: Link
La forcella anteriore è una Telefork idraulica, la puoi smontare per revisionarla togliendo i tappi superiori e inserendo una brugola da 7mm.
Probabilmente sarà necessaria una nuova cromatura degli steli della forcella per riportarla al corretto funzionamento.
La tua moto è la prima che vedi sul libretto di uso e manutenzione, la marmitta montata in foto è a spillo, mentre la tua è la versione ''sogliola''

Hello and welcome, as mentioned by Ciofega cafè, Your is a tx 94 of 1973 in the superspecial version.
The bike is complete but in poor condition, there are no heat guard grill and the light behind it.
For the original color we have created tabs: LINK
The front fork is a hydraulic Telefork, you can disassemble it to overhaul it by removing the top caps and inserting a 7mm Allen wrench.
Probably a new chrome-plating of the fork legs will be necessary to restore it to correct operation.
Link
jpg
Your bike is the first you see on the use and maintenance booklet, the muffler mounted in the picture is spiked, while yours is the '' sole '' version

For the language do not make problems, with traslate and the passion for old bikes we understand each other well! :)
Ciao Tom Slick

view post Posted on 3/1/2019, 07:10

Group:

Welcome ....Tom and Ciofega have answers for all.Have a nice day Enrico

robertTin
view post Posted on 3/1/2019, 09:50

Thank you for the quick answers :)

The papers say 1972, but I just realized that this must be the date where this model was homologated. Looks like it has been sold in June 1974. One interesting thing I just realized is that the vehicles identification-number ("Telaio N.") on the papers starts with a 3 instead with a 0. The bikes number starts with 0. Are these the wrong papers for the bike or might there have been another mistake?

LtgSgrU

I have already disassembled the fork, and as mentioned, if someone had fork-legs for sale I would not have to let mine get a new hardchrome. But if I cannot find some forks, that will be the onliest solution. ;)

4 replies since 31/12/2018, 18:42   193 views